Sunday, February 25, 2007

Petite Sirah

I am keeping this post simple, as I completely forgot about it! We opened this bottle last weekend, and I did a very rough draft (wine name, a couple tasting notes, website link) which I intended to complete the following day.

Hah! (This was written 2 Mar. However, the Blogger date has this at 25 Feb, when I did the rough draft)

That was almost a week ago, so here goes.... We have a small wine fridge, maybe holding around 50 bottles when full. Every so often, we reach way in back and pull out a surprise bottle. When the hell did we buy this?! Last weekend's wine was one of these surprises, and it was good.

Trentadue Winery 2002 Alexander Valley Petite Sirah. We are still familiarizing ourselves with this varietal, so excuse the very basic notes. This wine was bold and dark. Inky. It stained our teeth. It had a similar boldness to a big cab, and we love big, dry reds so this impressed. Excellent. We'll continue to try more Petite Sirah.

And that's it. Not a very good write-up. I try to write our impressions the same night we open a bottle and usually with a glass of wine at hand.

Happy sippin'!

No comments: